We are familiar with sewing machines and their work, machines that are used for making three layers padded, designer fabric material by batting between two fabrics are known as a quilting machine. They are used for making heavy, designed curtains, pillow covers, bed sheets, table mats, etc.
They are nothing but sewing machines only with some unique features inbuilt in it like long arms, a mechanism to work with more than one thread, additional pressed foot, high speed and much more.
The output material varies from machine to machine, so one needs to inspect all its features before purchase so as to buy the best sewing machine for quilting.
Things to remember for buying the best sewing machine for quilting
- Know your purpose and needs: one should know exactly what he/she wants from the machine. Consider the patterns and quilts you make, the purpose that whether you are buying it for commercial use or personal use. This makes it easy to select best sewing machine for quilting.
- Get your fabric samples and patterns tested on the machine before buying it to know whether it works good with it and will it fulfill your requirements and live up your expectations or not.
- Do pay attention to brands, the material used and origin. This is a one-time investment, and you are not going to buy these machines every day or every month, so don’t compromise with the brand value as it only decides the perfection of stitches. Durability ensures perfect stitches for years.
- Check reviews, features, durability, guarantee, and warranty before purchase to get satisfied with the product you are spending your money on.
- Spend your money carefully and on things that are worth it. Choose your features and buy the best sewing machine for quilting. Never go with the flow or with the influence of someone else as you only know what creativity you want and to what extent you can go, be wise and choose smartly.
Some common features you should look for
- The machine should be lightweight and easy to move.
- Comfortable and user-friendly design with proper controls.
- There should be a setting for tension and speed adjustments.
- It should provide a variety of stitches and patterns.
- Adjustable needle position
- Presser multi-purpose foot that helps you to do a variety of operations all together with the same machine by its highly adjustable length and pressure. It makes you do straight stitches, zigzag stitches, buttonholes, zips, and many other operations without extra efforts.
This is the thing you are not going to spend your money on again and again. So check all above feature and follow the tips given, before buying any sewing machine for quilting purpose. If you have always been fond of sewing and creating unique patterns, quilting machines are made for you, the only thing you need to do is to keep in mind above mentioned things to buy the best sewing machine for quilting.
Top 3 best sewing machines for quilting
Sewing machines are helpful for each and every household. They help women to take up petty tasks with respect to clothing quite easily. However, various factors need to be kept in mind while choosing the best sewing machine for your needs. Given below is a list of some of the best sewing machines for quilting.
It is a sewing machine mainly built for quilting and boasts of a feature, unlike many, which allows straight stitching, quilting, and many prominent tasks. It is the perfect match for something related to dressmaking, stitching home décor items and even tailoring. It is one of the most portable machines you will ever come across which has a weight of only 37.9 pounds. It can be used on a table top or can also be fitted into particularly designed cabinets or into machine specific frames.
It also has an LED light feature and can accomplish the task of 1500 stitches for every 60 seconds. Along with the machine comes a foot pedal for better control and it also has a Sliding Speed Control mechanism which makes it easier for the end user. It also has a built-in handle which can be used to carry it easily.
- It comes from the well-known brand manufacturer Juki which is a trusted brand name in the clothing and stitching industry.
- The sewing machine has an automated thread trimmer which is mostly for uses such as home decorating, apparel stitching, stitching quilts and tailoring as well.
- It has a throat area of 8.5×5.9 inches.
- It is also used as a professional tool in the garment industry for quilting, tailoring and other similar purposes.
Most parts of this sewing machine are manually assembled which makes it easier for the end user to assemble the parts thereof in the case of any minor damages. The sewing machine is a beauty to work with and gives you excellent results for all your clothing needs. Such is the power that it can handle the quilt of king size and still perform at its best.
- It is portable and light
- In case of damage, it can be easily repaired
- It has a foot pedal for better control
- It has an automated thread trimmer
- Walking foot is noisy and falls off easily
- Bobbin winder is very noisy
- The pedal is quite thick
This sewing machine comes under the world-famous brand name Brother, which promises utmost quality with the best in class features. It is a power packed sewing machine perfectly crafted for quilting and sewing tasks. It also comes alongside a wide table. It also has an LCD display that lets you adjust various modes and design your stitching needs accordingly.
It does not have a foot pedal control mechanism. However, much to the delight of its users, it has a Start/Stop button that makes it all the easier to operate. You can also control the sewing speed accordingly with the help of the button. It has several other mind-blowing features which have put it on top of its competitors.
- It comes with a user manual, customer support 24hrs and a 25 years limited time warranty which adds to the safety and durability of the product.
- Various other small accessories complete the accessories part with this amazing product that mainly includes a screwdriver, a brush for cleaning purposes, etc.
- It is quite compact and portable which is why it weighs only 17.5 pounds even with such amazing features.
It has an automatic needle threader and a super bright working area, adding up to the charm of the product. The threading, insertion and bobbin winding are totally hassled free and catching to the eye, making work all the more fun and pleasant. On the contrary, the sewing machine is so light that you may knock it over at times. The grip is not that handy, but you will get used to it with time. Overheating is also a problem here. Not much to worry about, the overall performance of this Brother sewing machine is that it is priced at a really low price and it completes almost 90% of your stitching and tailoring needs at home or at your workplace.
- It has a start/stop button for ease of use
- It is compact and portable
- It is lightweight, weighing only 17.5 pounds
- It has an automated thread trimmer
- The grip is not that handy
- It is so light that you may knock it over at times
- There is the problem of overheating
Another masterpiece in the sewing machine industry comes from none other than the ever dependable company, Brother. Serving all your stitching needs from tailoring to quilting, the sewing machine will let you do all the hard work at your fingertips.
It requires minimal time and effort and gives you excellent results at the business end. With its enormous range of activities and the wide range of functions it can perform, it is no less than a tailoring and quilting beast. It comes with all the features packed in it and is a reliable and versatile sewing machine for various stitching projects.
- It can perform a whopping 1300 stitches per minute without a chink in its armor. Such is the power of this master class from Brother.
- The HC1850 sewing machine has built-in features that give it an edge over its competitors. An amazing 15 stitching and quilting features have been added so that the end users can perform the tasks like a breeze.
- It also comes with a wide table and other required genuine Brother accessories.
- It has a large and bright LCD display screen which adds more glam to its ever increasing charm.
- It boasts of an amazing lit work area and the user can also adjust the sewing speed to cater his/her quilting, tailoring and stitching needs. It is a computerized sewing machine with an automatic needle threader and handy stitching area. On the other hand, it has some cons as well.
It disappoints the users at times as the bobbin does not stay in its place at times and it also overheats. The product is manufactured and distributed by Brother International Corporation, which is a company under Brother Industries Ltd.
- It has a large and bright LCD display screen
- It is a computerized sewing machine with an automatic needle threader
- It is easy to adjust the sewing speed
- It can perform 1300 stitches per minute
- The bobbin does not stay in its place at times
- There is a problem of overheating
- The buttons are wobbly